The Marshall University began having an awards ceremony and honoring a Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna beginning in 1937. Throughout the years, our Alumni* Awards have grown to include up to five awards. The award categories are listed below. If you know someone deserving of being recognized, please be sure to complete this form
, and return it to our office for consideration in next year's nominations.
You can also click on the name of the award, to see a list of past award winners.
- Given to a Marshall Alumni for outstanding national
achievements in their particular field of endeavor.
Alumnus/Alumna Community Achievement
- Given to alumni for success in their particular field of endeavor and personal contribution to their respective communities.
- Given for loyal and unselfish service to Marshall. This award is NOT limited to Marshall Alumni.
The Young Alumni Award
- Presented to an alum who is 35 years old or younger; an active member of the Alumni Association, shows outstanding achievement in their particular field of endeavor, who has a personal commitment to his or her community, and demonstrates service to Marshall University and it's students. This award is not open to members of the MUAA Board of Directors.
The Dr. Carolyn B. Hunter Faculty Service Award
- Established to recognize contributions and to provide incentives for continued service from faculty to the community, the university and students in their respective fields. This award is NOT limited to Marshall Alumni.
*A Marshall alumnus/alumna is any former student who has received academic credit at Marshall University and whose class has graduated.